Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What To Do?

I have been away for a little while, trying to make a decision of what I want to do when I grow up. I finished my last show in the middle of June and have been pondering this decision ever since.


I needed to choose from among my several talents and focus on one of them. You see, I've been floating lately - Jumping from Photography,


To Acting,



To Writing, to Drawing, to Designing, to... you get the idea... I have a lot of different talents to chose from. and I'm not complaining. It's nice to be able to do so many things (If my friends are to be believed...) well.

I've even been taking some workshops and classes...


The only thing that was clear to me when I started this process was the fact that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I never wanted to produce again... At least, not until I was getting paid for it.

Producing for small theater had no real rewards to it. It's like herding kittens. I used to produce for my ex-wife, before she became my Ex, until one time I couldn't and it was one of the (minor) contributing factors to my divorce.

Don't get me wrong, we put on good to great shows, but the headaches were many.

This time, it looks like it cost me a friend. I'm still connected to him on Facebook, but I haven't heard from him in months.

Anyway, back to what to do about focus...

I have always been a jack of all trades creatively. It's really like trying to chose your favorite child. I've gotten suggestions from different people whose opinion I trust, but haven't got more than two votes for any particular talent.

I really don't know... Suggestions anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment