Saturday, April 6, 2013

NaPoWriMo - Day Six

I had to go into work today to email out something I promised someone on Thursday... Thus I was here and able to post Day six on day six.

Huzzah!

The Prompt: (I don't think I got it quite right...)

And now, our (completely optional) prompt for the day! This might seem like a bit of a downer, but I challenge you to write a valediction. This is a poem of farewell. Perhaps the most famous one is John Donne’s A Valediction Forbidding Mourning, which turns the act of saying good-bye into a very tender love poem. But your poem could say “good-bye” (and maybe good riddance!) to anything or anyone. A good-bye to winter might be in order, for example. Or good-bye to the week-old easter eggs in your refrigerator. Light or serious, long or short, it’s up to you!


_____________________________________________________________________________________










Because:

I close my eyes
and you are gone,
a figment of what was.
a wisp of dream.
a happy home.
gone all because... "Because".

You had no reason.
you gave no signs.
spoke only that cursed word.
I want more,
I needed more,
though none was ever offered.

An absent love
now hides my smile.
I only feel my flaws.
my heart is broke
I am alone
And all because... "Because".

4-6-13




No comments:

Post a Comment