Monday, April 1, 2013

I'm about to join a friend of mine in the NaPoWriMo. Writing one poem a day for the month of April.






Let's see... They give prompts, but you don't have to use them...

PROMPT:


And now, our prompt! (The prompts are totally optional, by the way — use ‘em or ignore ‘em as you see fit.) Continuing with the theme of firsts, I’d like to challenge you to write a poem that has the same first line as another poem. You can use a favorite poem, pick up a random book of poetry and get a first line that way, or perhaps use one of the following:
Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
She walks in beauty, like the night
Slowly, silently, now the moon
anyone lived in a pretty how town


Can I find my own in the short time I have to do this?

Poem I like:

from the long hallways
voices of the people rise
in the morning haze
- Oshima Ryota 

Take the first line -

from the long hallways

Then add my lines

cold light seeps beneath locked doors
what lies behind them

My haiku from the prompt...

from the long hallways
cold light seeps beneath locked doors
what lies behind them

Well, that was my first shot - we'll see if i can keep up with them - even though I may not get to post until I'm at work. Limited access to the internet on weekends...

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment